The assisted braking action of the Matik derives from an innovative camming design that makes the device safer and easier on the climber, the belayer, the anchor and the rope.
- A revolutionary belay-descender device with assisted braking that delivers unparalleled safety and control
- Gradual camming action reduces the impact force of a fall and decreases wear and tear on the rope
- Proprietary Anti-Panic system automatically blocks the rope if the user loses control of the descent
- Double-hinged lever and straight rope path make the descent feel very fluid and controlled
- Intuitive design eliminates the possibility of clipping a carabiner to the device if it is not completely closed
- Wide attachment hole allows the carabiner to rotate through the hole
- High-end manufacturing with hot-forged aluminum main body and precision-cast stainless steel for the critical components that come in contact with the rope
- For single dynamic ropes from 8.6 to 10.2 mm
Rope Diameter Min (mm): 8.6
Rope Diameter Max (mm): Single 10.2
- 276 g, 9.7 oz
- Display model at some events, new without tags (never used, just displayed) cosmetic blemish - for climbing gear and hardware there may be some scratches, for apparel we have inspected each item and found no damage or stains.